Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- I am on leave during the Spring 2014 semester.
- I was named the Bayley-Bowen Faculty Fellow at Denison University for 2013-2016.
- Check out the games designed by my CS401: Game Design students.
ResearchHere are some of my recent publications. For a full list, please see my publications by year or publications by area.
- Representative Skylines using Threshold-based Preference Distributions, Atish Das Sarma, Ashwin Lall, Danupon Nanongkai, Richard J. Lipton, and Jim Xu. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE-11), Hannover, Germany, 2011.
- A Simpler and Better Design of Error Estimating Coding, Nan Hua, Ashwin Lall, Baochun Li, and Jun Xu. In Proceedings of Infocom (INFOCOM-12), Orlando, Florida, 2012.
- Towards Optimal Error-Estimating Codes through the Lens of Fisher Information Analysis, Nan Hua, Ashwin Lall, Baochun Li, and Jun Xu. In Proceedings of Sigmetrics (SIGMETRICS-12), London, UK, 2012.
- Interactive Regret Minimization, Danupon Nanongkai, Ashwin Lall, Atish Das Sarma. In Proceedings of SIGMOD (SIGMOD-12), Scottsdale, AZ, 2012.
- Dense Subgraphs on Dynamic Networks, Atish Das Sarma, Ashwin Lall, Danupon Nanongkai, Amitabh Trehan. In Proceedings of DISC (DISC-12), Salvador, Brazil, 2012.