Current Courses at Denison
Previous Courses at Denison
- CS 109: Fall 2014, Spring 2015
- CS 111: Spring 2016, Spring 2017
- CS 112: Fall 2015
- CS/Math 335: Probability, Computing, and Graph Theory, Fall 2016
- CS 362: Social Network Graphs
- CS 364: Sublinear Algorithms, Streaming Computation, and Big Data
- Math/CS 401: Randomized Algorithms, Fall 2014
- Math 124: Multivariable Calculus, Spring 2015, Spring 2017
- Math 242: Applied Statistics, Fall 2015, Fall 2016
- Math 361: Probability Models and Actuarial Science, Fall 2016
- Math 362: Data Mining, Spring 2017
- Math 363: Survival Analysis and Bayesian Statistics, Fall 2016
- Math 363: Galois Theory, Fall 2015
- Math 364: Set theory and category theory, Spring 2016
- Math 364: Time Series Analysis, Spring 2017
- Math 401: Statistical Modeling, Spring 2016
Math 242: Applied Statistics (2016 version)
Math/CS 335: Probability, Computing, and Graph Theory
Math 401: Statistical Modeling
Math 242: Applied Statistics (2015 version)
Courses at Wesleyan
- Precalculus at Cheshire Prison (part of Wesleyan Center for Prison Education),
Fall 2013 with Abbey Bourdon.
- Introduction to Statistics (Math 132), Summer 2013. Please
see the Moodle
page for assignments, solutions, handouts, and slides. Syllabus.
In case you can't access the Moodle yet: slides from chapter 1, homework
Pedagogy (Math 501), Fall 2012. Syllabus.
I developed this course myself. You can find the materials I used
regarding learning how to
teach, surviving graduate school, and the theory of pedagogy at this link.
- Integral Calculus (Math 118), Spring 2011. Please see the Moodle
page for assignments, handouts, practice exams, and solutions. Syllabus. Course
Policies. Sample exploration problems: Gabriel's
0.999... = 1, Coffee
- Introduction to Programming (Comp 112) using Java, Spring
2013 with Mike Kapralos. Here are some labs I created: algorithms,
strings, loops, methods
(and parsing). For solutions please email me. Also: some files to help
if you're teaching Input/Output or the use of the Random method: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Differential Equations (Math 229), Fall 2012. Covered the
final third of the class, including final projects. Please see moodle
for assignments, solutions, and grades.
- Point-Set Topology (Math 244), Fall 2011. Covered one week.
Please see moodle
for assignments and solutions.
- Created labs in Python: Computer Science II (Comp 211) and
Comp 112. here are lecture notes
and code for a unit
on Conditionals in Python.