Spring Semester 2015 - Teaching
- MATH 210 - 01 : Introduction to Proof Techniques
- MATH 231 - 01 : Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
My research interests involve the application of dynamical systems (uniformly hyperbolic, partially hyperbolic, symbolic) to
mathematical physics. Specifically, I use dynamical techniques to investigate spectral properties of operators involved in
the study of quasicrystals.
Additionally, I'm working on a project involving integer sequences.
- M. Mei and W. Yessen, Tridiagonal substitution Hamiltonians,
Math. Model. Nat. Phenom. 9 (2014), no. 5, 204-238. [arXiv:1312.2259]
- M. Mei, Spectra of discrete Schrödinger operators with primitive invertible substitution potentials,
J. Math. Phys. 55 (2014), no. 8, 082701, 22pp. [arXiv:1311.0954]
- B. Baker Swart, K. Beck, S. Crook, C. Eubanks-Turner, H. Grundman, M. Mei, and L. Zack, Augmented happy functions, submitted.