cs339: Artificial Intelligence
- Welcome to cs339 Artificial Intelligence!
|Week 0 (8/26)||no class||no class||Introduction|
|Week 1 (9/2)||Matlab work|| Matlab, Unsupervised Learning
|Read 7.1, 7.3, 7.8|
|Week 3 (9/9)||SOMs|| PCA
Read Chptr 3.6, handout
|Week 4 (9/16)||Write Up Due|| Supervised Learning
|Week 5 (9/23)|| Bayes + Gaussian
Read Chpt 2-3
| Gaussian |
Read 4.1 - 4.5
| Read Chptr 5
Project 1 Due
|Week 6 (9/30)|| Bayes Multidim
Skim Chpt 4, Read Chpt5
| Perceptrons |
Read 4.1 - 4.5
| In class writing exercise
|Week 7 (10/7)|| Multilayer NN
Read Chpt 11
| Multilayer NN
Final Paper 1 due.
|Kernel Machines Overview|
|Week 8 (10/14)|| Kernel Machines
Read Chpt 13
|Kernel Machines||Fall Break|
|Week 9 (10/21)||
Read Chpt 18
|RL: Dynamic Programming||RL: Dynamic Programming|
|Week 10 (10/28)||RL: Monte Carlo||Writing Criteria||RL: Q-learning|
|Week 11 (11/4)|| RL: Sarsa
Project 3 out
Final Paper 2 due.
|Week 12 (11/11)||GA||GA||GA|
|Week 13 (11/18)||Project 4 out||Paper 3 Due|
|Week 14 (12/2)||TuringTest.pdf||SearleChineseRoom.pdf|
|Week 15 (12/7)||FrameProblem.pdf||NagelBat.pdf|| DennettMultipleDrafts.pdf
Proj 4 Results Due
|Finals (12/7)|| Final Exam
9am to 11am
Examples and Downloads
- Matlab Resources
- Introductory assignment using Matlab.
- The matlab file for the iris data.
- sepal length in cm
- sepal width in cm
- petal length in cm
- petal width in cm
- Project 1 on unsupervised learning is due September 27.
- Project 1 My pre-writing activity. Due Monday Sept 16.
- Items from the Vector Quantization Demonstration.
- Dimensionality.pdf handout on PCA.
- Example Papers:
- Wordsmithing handout for in-class writing exercise.
- Project 2 on supervised learning is due October 25.
- InnerProducts.pdf: an overview of computations possible with kernel matrices.
- Reinforcement Learning
- doEpisode.m. Source code for MonteCarlo Simulation of Guessing Game.
- Genetic Algorithms
- GA.m. Source code for the general GA algorithm.
- update.m. Take a single move in Chutes and Ladders.
- PolicyEvaluation.m. Evaluate a policy for Chutes and Ladders.
- Project4.pdf. Fourth research project assignment.
- map.pdf: map of Granville. The "vertices" are numbered in green (see dots) and the "edges" are numbered in red. They should correspond to the data.txt file.
- data.txt: data input file for "graph" of Granville.
- evalRoute.m: matlab file for evaluating a route.
- Note: Jill's ideal route has been lengthened to 6 miles to allow for more interesting routes. Also note that the "elevation gains" are not perfect. For example, you will find that many loops do not have zero elevation net. The reason is that many road segments (edges) have both gain and loss and I only included the larger of the two. This should't affect our project but it may seem a bit unrealistic to you. Also, I added a preference for Jill's route to start at the four corners intersection and to end where it started.
- Philosophy Papers
- A review sheet of example final exam questions.