The Etch-A-Sketch Program
Your assignment is to create a single MyPicture object and, using the object methods defined for MyPicture objects, create a picture within a 640 x 480 two dimensional world.
Pograms will be graded with the following characteristics in mind:
- For a draft of the desired picture. This should be completed and handed in before the program submission. The draft should be on quad ruled graph paper and include the x and y coordinate axis. Drafts are due to me in hardcopy form in class on Friday.
- For a program that I can successfully execute. If there are any dependent files, they must be submitted along with the program, otherwise this requirement cannot be met.
- For a program that uses good commenting and organization to group together the sets of statements of the program and to relate these logical units to the draft of the picture.
- For showing use of programming techniques learned:
- Use of variables and object methods
- Variety in the set of methods employed
- For end result, in terms of creativity and effort -- it is easy to tell when an effort is minimal, and it will be graded accordingly
- You should also save your completed picture to a jpg file and include the jpg result in your submission. This save operation should be commented out of the final program that you submit.
A minimal drawing would be one that creates a detailed picture of a house. This level of complexity would earn a grade of up to 75% depending on how well it fulfills the other requirements, but perhaps more if the effort and detail are high. Please see last year's submissions for some ideas. Note that some of these received excellent grades, while others which showed less effort received significantly lower grades.
Programs will be turned in by copying the Java source file to the Assignment Inbox area of the Shared Workspaces under the Instructor/Class-Section for this course. Please create a folder named HW2 and place your source files within that folder.